Download e-Books directly to your Apple device with the free OverDrive Media Console app.
What you will need:
**For instructions on using OverDrive with non-Apple devices please see the Get the App tab above.
1. Download and install the free OverDrive Media Console app from the App store (please note that although this app is free you will need your iTunes username and password information to download).
2. Open the app after it is installed and you will see a welcome screen.
3. Select "Get Books" and you will be taken to a screen that allows you to "Add a Library."
4. Type Franklin County Law Library and select the correct library.
5. You can now begin using your OverDrive app on your device.
NOTE: The first time that you use the OverDrive app, you will be prompted to log in with your Adobe ID. If you do not have an Adobe ID, you will need to register for one.
Follow these steps to return an e-Book early on your Apple device:
Why do I need an Adobe ID to read e-Books?
The e-Books that you check out from OverDrive contain digital rights management (DRM) protection that restricts the items from being shared with others. In the past, this could limit the ability to read your items on additional computers owned by you. It could even prevent you from moving your items when you bought a new computer.
Adobe Digital Editions helps ensure that your e-Books and other digital publications are not "locked" on one computer - they are assigned to you through your Adobe ID. Adobe Digital Editions also adds support for the next generation of mobile devices.
Adobe membership is free and registration only takes a minute.