Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Ohio Child Custody, Support and Visitation Law: Modifying Custody and Parenting Time

Reallocating Parental Rights and Responsibilities

This page provides information for modifying the custody arrangement between parents. If the parents are divorced from each other, the parents will file to modify custody in the domestic relations court, under the same case number as their divorce. If the parents were never married to each other, they will file to modify their custody in juvenile court, under the same case number where they first established their custody rights and responsibilities.

Official Modification of Custody Forms

Below are two additional forms required in Franklin County:

Forms from the Franklin County Law Library

Forms for Modifying Child Support

Moving Case to Another State

Official Modication of Parenting Time Forms


Below are two additional forms required in Franklin County:


Requesting a Phone or Video Conference

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Franklin County Domestic and Juvenile Court is making phone and video conferencing an option. Below is information of how to request and set up a virtual conference through Zoom.

 Once all attorneys and self-represented parties agree to request the video or phone conference, they may either efile the “Request for Phone/Video Conference” form, or they may contact the Judge’s or Magistrate’s staff directly.

Zoom resources: