2. Contact the Internal Revenue Service to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) at this website.
3. Open a bank account with your EIN.
4. Contact the Ohio Department of Taxation to determine your state and local tax obligations. Also refer to the tax part of this guide.
5. Report newly hired and re-hired employees to the Ohio New Hire Reporting Center.
6. If your business or organization has an employee or employees contact the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation.
7. Employers may be required to establish an Unemployment Compensation Tax Account with Ohio Department of Job & Family Services. Visit this website to register.
8. The Ohio Business Gateway, "Licenses & Permits" page provides a list of professional licenses and business permits necessary to do business in Ohio. Contact your county and city government to determine if any special requirements exist for your type of business.