Skip to Main Content

Immigration Law: Special Visas for Victims of Crime


The Violence Against Women Act gives some protections to battered immigrant women. File Form I-360 for these protections. For example, a battered spouse or child can file Form I-751 to have the two-year limitation on their green cards removed without the assistance or knowledge of the abuser. A U Visa provides temporary immigration benefits to victims of crime and to their qualifying family members. Victims of human trafficking an apply for a T Visa Nonimmigrant status.